Luckily, we are highly skilled in treating a variety of conditions and issues. Whether you have slight discomfort or severe pain, we can provide you with care that allows you to live the lifestyle you want!
These are just some of the conditions, treatments, and services you will find at our podiatric office. Just ask us if you have any questions!
- Custom Orthotics
- Surgical Corrections of Foot Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- Wound Care
- LSI Implant
- Flat Foot Surgery for Children
- Arthritic Foot and Ankle Care
- Conservative Care
- Laser Treatments (for nail fungus, scar reduction, warts)
Custom foot orthotics are designed to align the foot and ankle into the most anatomically efficient position. They look similar to insoles, but are biomedical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance. The plastic body of the custom orthotic helps to re-align the foot while you walk. We understand that everyone is different, which is why custom foot orthotics are made just for you.
Surgical Corrections of Foot Disorders
In most cases, invasive methods are not necessary to correct many foot disorders. Though in more extreme conditions, surgery may be required. The need for surgery will depend on the severity of the condition, the amount of pain the patient is experiencing, and the patient’s past response to various treatments.
We know how much your foot health can impact your athletic performance, and it is our priority to help get you off of the sidelines and back in the game. Whether you are dealing with a recurring injury or an accident from the big game, we are here to support you through each step of your therapy. Below is a list of some of the most common sports and sports-related injuries we see in our office:
- Martial Arts and Kickboxing: Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, sesamoiditis, and ankle sprains. Proper stretching is vital to injury prevention, specifically, a minimum of 15 minutes before beginning exercise.
- Aerobics: With 26 bones in the foot and impact forces reaching up to six times the force of gravity, proper shoes are essential when participating in aerobics. Shoes must provide shock absorption and proper cushioning, as well as stability.
- Team Sports: Baseball, basketball, soccer, football, field hockey, and lacrosse often lead to foot and ankle injuries. Artificial surfaces, improper footwear, and inadequate stretching are recipes for disaster.
Our customized treatment plans allow us to individualize your experience and help you achieve your specific goals. We aim to treat your symptoms while addressing the cause of your pain, and we will work on establishing healthy practices to prevent future injuries. As a reminder, you should always wear sport-appropriate shoes and stretch for at least 15 minutes before playing sports.
Ulcers on the foot may not always come with pain, but they are serious conditions that should be evaluated by a medical professional. The symptoms of ulcers may include drainage, or red, inflamed tissue. To properly diagnose and develop a treatment plan x-rays may be ordered.